After existing for a couple of years, that’s pretty amazing. What’s not amazing is denying that deathfat people are made invisible in this world.
Besides, deathfatties is about fashion and representation. It’s not even about health. I can’t believe I need to say this but fat people are human beings and have a right to representation and visibility. And, you know, clothes.
So if you don’t want to see awesome fat people, go look somewhere else. Basically anywhere. Because fat people are under represented and demonised everywhere.
That’s really enough to set off trolls. That fat people exist. They take our existence as an invitation to tear us down. Our stubborn reality suggests, to them, that no one has yet told us to stop being fat. So they rush to fill this imagined void. They take as gospel the notion that people will stop being fat if you tell them to stop being fat. They believe this in the face of an absurd quantity of evidence that proves the notion a farce. They cling to a fundamentally unsupported belief that the problem with fat people is that we have it much too easy. They flatter themselves with the silly idea that they are the ones speaking truth to power, and not just parroting a failed status quo. In their minds, accessibility concerns of fat people are a feature, not a bug. Visibility is not giving voice to the voiceless, but sinister recruitment. These are the people who actually compare plus-size clothing stores to crack houses. That we need clothing is of no concern to them. They would gladly deny us our most basic necessities in order to “encourage” us to conform to their standards. They are oblivious to the fact that most fat people ARE trying to conform to their standards. They are oblivious to the fact that most fat people feel compelled to welcome their oppressors because they have be told that is all they are allowed to do. They hold fat acceptance in utter contempt and have warped their notion of fat acceptance to include any fat person anywhere who dares to exist. They would deny visibility. They would deny us a voice. They would deny us representation. They would deny us mere existence.
It does not take much to earn their wrath, but it is still well earned. Whether earned for fighting publicly for fat peoples’ rights or for just being publicly fat, their ire is earned by being genuinely and truly virtuous. It sucks that it takes so little to cause the tantrums of trolls, but it is a reminder of how powerful even small acts of resistance can be against a status quo with the gall to act put upon as it disenfranchises millions. It reminds us that even small acts wield great power. Kudos to all fat people who wield that power.
On 'chick' and its gender implications
This is my fat blog: Corpulent
This is my facebook: www.facebook.com/corpulent.blog
This is my twitter: @awesomefrances
This is how you reach me: firstname.lastname@example.org
- terrydoestransitions likes this
- terrydoestransitions reblogged this from red3blog
- losguantesverdes likes this
- whykikiwhy reblogged this from fancybidet
- whykikiwhy likes this
- bbwprincess reblogged this from heyfatchick
- lady-amalthea likes this
- bilt2tumble likes this
- drst reblogged this from heyfatchick
- feelingswithbrandy reblogged this from heyfatchick
- theuniversalvengeance likes this
- sixar reblogged this from red3blog
- scruplesthecat likes this
- quirkyblogger likes this
- quirkyblogger reblogged this from heyfatchick and added:
- thereisanotherway likes this
- killerzebras likes this
- thecuteinexecute likes this
- laurahooperb likes this
- castiel-angel-of-thorsday reblogged this from veeisagenderneutralname
- orobolicious reblogged this from heyfatchick
- forrestbondurant reblogged this from heyfatchick
- forrestbondurant likes this
- parallelpark reblogged this from veeisagenderneutralname
- veeisagenderneutralname reblogged this from heyfatchick
- heyfatchick reblogged this from red3blog
- tipofmyfrontallobe likes this
- misslicorice likes this
- masquesoporfavor said: THANK YOU! I can’t stand reading a ton of mean Asks being answered on fat blogs. Makes me so mad!
- lapocketrocket reblogged this from red3blog
- red3blog reblogged this from fancybidet and added:
- romyweinbergerwhite likes this
- feelingswithbrandy likes this
- nuditea likes this
- andibgoode likes this
- kiddotrue likes this
- au-ton-o-my likes this
- tangledupinlace likes this
- lmarley likes this
- fresafresca likes this
- mssswitch likes this
- cutselvage likes this
- lovegraceredemption likes this
- theoceanandthesky likes this
- madamethursday said: Wow, still, that long without a concern troll. That’s pretty good. Not good about the concern troll, but hey. YAY FOR DEATHFATTIES ANYWAY BECAUSE NO TROLL IN ‘VERSE CAN STOP YOU.
- fancybidet posted this